- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Part Time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
A Place Called Home is a dynamic, non-profit youth and community center in South Central Los Angeles. APCH provides educational programs, counseling, mentoring, music, dance and art classes, fitness and health and wellness opportunities. As youth participate in our programs, they discover interests and talents, and develop a better sense of themselves and their place in the world around them. Our goal is to increase the likelihood that youth will stay in school, pursue higher education, attain viable jobs, and become active community members capable of making positive change in the world in which they live.
About this job
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Volunteerism, the Volunteerism Assistant is a key contributing member of the engagement team who assists with curating volunteer engagement. In this capacity, the Volunteerism Assistant will assist with overseeing the scope of opportunities for individuals to get involved with APCH, onboard potential volunteers, activate volunteers through one of the 7 APCH Â“volunteer pathsÂ”, and terminate based on performance or terms of timeline. The Volunteerism Assistant is to work closely with partners in the Programs and Operations departments to identify volunteer needs. The Volunteerism Assistant will assist the Senior Manager of Volunteerism to provide capacity and help deliver APCH programmatic goals through volunteer engagements. The Volunteerism Assistant will also play a key role in helping to maintain and cultivate corporate and individual partnerships. The Volunteerism team currently comprises the following team members: Senior Manager of Volunteerism, Volunteerism Assistant (PT) and Sr. Director of Engagement. The Volunteerism team also manages hundreds of volunteers throughout the year. The Senior Manager along with the Volunteerism Assistant will expand A Place Called Home's fundraising capabilities and elevate A Place Called HomeÂ’s status as a reputable, fun and worthy organization with which to volunteer.
Roles & responsibilities
• Articulate, maintain and execute the vision and goals of the Volunteer Program at APCH;
• Assist with developing and implementing/managing activities involving volunteers for the support of program delivery, including special events, corporate group activities, partnership initiatives, and more;
• Assist with recruitment, placement, management and retention of high-quality volunteers;
• Assist with developing, facilitating and coordinating volunteer orientations and trainings and volunteer events including engagement and recognition activities;
• Engage in constant feedback and performance evaluation loops with volunteers and staff;
• Assist with maintaining accurate volunteer database and general records and providing timely statistical and activity reports;
• Assist with providing volunteer activity and impact reports to management;
• Work with various APCH departments to develop special projects for groups and partner organizations visiting the agency;
• Represent APCHÂ’s interest in any and all volunteer activities, including tabling activities to promote APCHÂ’s volunteer opportunities;
• Assist with managing volunteer program interns;
• Conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner and adhere to all APCH policies at all times;
• Conduct ongoing research into best practices in the sector and bring those to supervisor for possible implementation;
• Assist with maintaining corporate partnership relationships via excellent customer service;
• Assist with generating professional correspondence to partners and volunteers;
• Assist with managing stewardship tool kit alongside with the Volunteerism Assistant and the Communications Manager; and perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Volunteerism Assistant must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high-energy, collaborative environment with open communications. The ideal candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to their own ongoing personal and professional development. All APCH employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, employees are expected to speak up if they become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in their purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as an employee focuses on their area, they will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when they become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
Using the link provided, create an account on our website. Upload, resume, cover letter, and sign the application.