Programs and Communications Assistant
- 4 days ago
- Employment type
- Part-time, temporary
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
18th Street Arts Center is one of the top artist residency programs in the US, and the largest in Southern California. Conceived as a radical think tank in the shape of an artist community, 18th Street supports artists from around the globe to imagine, research, and develop significant, meaningful new artworks and share them with the public. We strive to provide artists the space and time to take risks, to foster the ideal environment for artists and the public to directly engage, and to create experiences and partnerships that foster positive social change.
About this job
The Programs and Communications Assistant supports the Director of Communication and Outreach and Director of Public Programs and Engagement in representing 18th Street Arts Center to a broad public. The Programs and Communications Assistant assists in developing new audiences and distributes key messaging and event information through marketing and communications channels including social media, advertisements, marketing partnerships, email marketing, and our online web presence. As part of this effort, the Programs and Communications Assistant plays a key role in managing artist assets, developing new images, and text content for our marketing channels, and helping to support the design and maintenance of our print and online presence.
OFFICE HOURS: 18SAC is a hybrid work environment 9am – 5pm M-F with 1-hour lunch break; occasional evenings and weekends required.
SALARY: $17.64/hour (Santa Monica living wage), 15 – 25 hours/week (negotiable). 18SAC is committed to sustainability, both in making business decisions and maintaining a healthy work-life balance for its employees. 18SAC utilizes both onsite and remote work for all employees. 18SAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Roles & responsibilities
- Updates 18SAC Website and Auxiliary website content (i.e. culturemapping90404.org)
SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION
- Builds and maintains the Social Media Posting Schedule
- Maintains and develops content for Social Media accounts
- Advertises 18SAC events through social media and ads
- Tracks social media coverage and metrics, creating monthly reports
- Assists in the preparation of email newsletters
- Maintains event listings and RSVPs
- Post events to all online event listings sites
- Assists in production of Family workshops, artist and curator panels, AiR studio visits and professional development
- Hosts and provides tech support for all public events, and artist-facing programs
- Acts as liaison between 18SAC and contracted artists and vendors
INFORMATION ORGANIZATION AND DOCUMENTATION
- Creates digital reports on exhibitions and related programs
- Supports project management and the creation of printed collateral for marketing
- Creates digital kits about 18SAC exhibitions, projects, and related events
- Supports Grant proposals with artist and organizational assets
- Supports Marketing partnership agreements
- Gathers/maintains artist assets for marketing purposes
- Gathers information for upcoming events and artists: artist bios, images of artists’ work, and designing event signage
- Develops event schedules, communicates with artists and other community partners, program evaluation and observational evaluations, and supports other event logistics
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to navigate Zoom, Eventbrite, and Facebook live
- Experience maintaining website content
- Design capabilities a plus (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Highly organized
- Excellent communicator
Excellent writing and visual communications skills. Strong attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills and follow-up skills. Quick to learn new skills and take direction well. Passion for provoking public engagement and talking to community members. Must work well in individual and team environments. Spanish fluency is a plus but not a requirement.
Upload your resume and cover letter at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a111fd5d1e284902bfe0831777de5954
Include 1-2 representative writing samples (could be blog posts, school papers, newspaper articles, or creative writing). Writing samples can be supplied as links.
Please include contacts for 3 current professional or academic references.
Open until filled. Applications received before May 20 will be given priority consideration.