Director of Development
- 9 days ago
- Employment type
- Santa Monica
- Closing date
About this organization
18th Street Arts Center (18SAC) is a hub for artistic innovation that actively nurtures the work of contemporary artists from all disciplines at various career stages. Through their multi-tiered residency program, 18SAC supports artistic creation, innovation, collaboration, and growth. They fulfill their mission through two key programs: 1) a Residency Program that fosters inter-cultural collaboration and dialogue, and 2) a Public Program that engages the public through exhibitions with supporting events and publications. 18SAC is one of the largest artist residency centers in the nation, hosting 30+ visual and performing artists from the US and abroad, and 60 LA artists with affordable studio space annually. 18SAC is also home to several arts organizations, which add to the vibrancy of the arts center.
About this job
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will lead 18SAC fund development efforts, working collaboratively with donors and the Board of Directors. This position is a prominent and dynamic role for a person who is passionate about developing and executing strategies for individual giving. The Director of Development will hold a pivotal role in shaping the annual fundraising budget, crafting insightful reports to guide future fundraising strategies, and enhancing the donor acknowledgment program. Through a comprehensive approach, the Director of Development will identify and steward a diverse range of individual donors, including esteemed board members and committed supporters of 18SAC.
Roles & responsibilities
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a diverse base of individual donors, including board members, alumni, parents and families, and friends of 18SAC.
• Partnering with the Executive Director, develops and oversees the creation and execution of an annual development plan to meet annual organizational goals, currently set at $200K.
• Works with the Director of Finance to study and monitor giving trends, measure effectiveness of campaigns, and oversee the budget for general department activities.
• Oversees the donor acknowledgment program, with an eye toward improving the process.
• Organizes and implements small in-person donor cultivation events to deepen relationships with prospective donors.
• Manages and improves donor data and reporting using the CRM (NationBuilder).
• Working collaboratively with executive team, provides appropriate support and materials for agency staff to be actively engaged in development strategies and activities, as well as providing internal fundraising strategies.
• Works in partnership with programming team to ensure that donor materials are conveyed appropriately to meet stewardship strategies.
• Attends Board meetings as necessary and provides Executive Director with income and Board giving information, as requested.
• Works with Executive Director to develop and maintain active and consistent relationship management with Board of Directors, supporting Board-driven cultivation and fundraising events.
• Supports and coaches internal team in professional development, including development policies among all staff.
• 3 years of progressive experience as a fundraising leader.
• Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing strategies for solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of individuals and prospective board members.
• Proven superior customer service skills with internal and external audiences.
• Proven experience working as a collaborative leader in a supportive capacity fostering a healthy, balanced work culture and sustainable business practices.
• Demonstrated ability to work with non-profit boards and oversee board governance.
• Passion for Los Angeles and the Arts sector.
• Current software requirements: CRM or database software fluency (ideally NationBuilder), Google Business Suite, Smartsheet, or similar project management software.
• Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics fluency, and Eventbrite, and fluency with social media marketing and insights (Facebook Ads, Google Display Ads, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) are a plus.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4577580