The 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge
$1 Million. 10 Winners. One Year to Shape LA.
Submit your idea by March 29, 2019
Congratulations to the organizations whose submissions earned the most votes in the 2016 My LA2050 Grants Challenge! We are thrilled to announce the Top 10 in each of the five goal categories: learn, create, play, connect and live.
One winner will be chosen from among the Top 10 in each category. Additional winners will be chosen irrespective of public voting until $1M has been granted. We are extremely excited to have the Annenberg Foundation as a funding partner, providing up to $250,000 in additional grants for tech and communications solutions.
Here's to you LA! Thank you for inspiring us with so many innovative ideas for making LA the best place to learn, create, play, connect and live.
The 2016 My LA2050 Grants Challenge winners will be announced on December 6, so stay tuned!
LA is the best place to LEARN
LA is the best place to CREATE
LA is the best place to PLAY
LA is the best place to CONNECT
LA is the best place to LIVE
The My LA2050 Grants Challenge has exceeded our greatest expectations. Angelenos have helped surface hundreds of creative and innovative ideas to make Los Angeles a thriving metropolis.
Feedback is important to us at LA2050. And we're making some improvements to the grants challenge, thanks to suggestions from Angelenos like you!
So, what's changing?
1. Applicants can submit proposals for three different grant amounts. You can submit an application for a grant of $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000.
We're still giving out $1 million. This change just means that we can level the playing field and potentially support more ideas. Applying for one amount or another doesn't necessarily improve your chances. This change is aimed at giving smaller pilot projects a chance to compete for a grant
2. We're switching platforms. After a few great years working with GOOD Maker, we're switching to a new platform powered by Skild. We're in build out phase now but there are exciting improvements to the application and voting processes to come.
3. You'll be able to leverage your application by providing an opportunity for the public to donate to your idea or volunteer for your organization.
We're adding easy activation buttons to the publicly viewable submissions to help you engage Angelenos interested in your idea.
4. Voting will last one week and will begin on October 18th.
5. We're getting ready to celebrate your great ideas even sooner. Save the date for #CelebrateLA. This year's public celebration of LA changemakers will take place on October 18th, aligned with the opening of the public voting period.
We're looking forward to your great ideas! Don't forget to attend #LA2050Collaborates to workshop your ideas with other LA social innovators.
- Team LA2050