Fundamental, a boutique philanthropic consulting firm, seeks a Grants Coordinator to work in-house with a health-related client on all aspects of operational and administrative support for their philanthropic programs. The Coordinator will be integrated into the client’s day-to-day operations, working with the client to administer and monitor grants. Such duties could include, but are not limited to:
Such duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Working with staff to manage a portfolio of institutional grants;
- Executing all grant-related administration, including:
- Tracking and inputting grant information and progress reports in database;
- Conducting grant monitoring, ensuring compliance on interim and final reports by grantees, and when needed, conducting program follow-up to ensure compliance; and
- Supporting staff in all components of grants management (developing RFP materials, drafting grant agreements and award letters, etc.).
- Conducting outreach to organizations and grantees, as requested, and acting as the main point of contact for key grant programs;
- Assisting the team with administrative tasks, such as drafting proposal summaries, preparing Board meeting materials; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) with experience working in an office setting;
- Strong communication and research skills;
- An organized individual who is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and calmly;
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work;
- Humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace on tasks large and small;
- Resourcefulness and ability to take initiative and produce self-directed work;
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality;
- Proficiency and speed in completing tasks and a high sense of urgency;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Prior experience with grant administration strongly preferred; and
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or the Los Angeles nonprofit landscape preferred.