Job Title: Business Development Manager
Homeboy Electronics Recycling is building a world in which our human and natural resources are valued, not wasted. Our mission is to provide secure and responsible electronics recycling and reuse solutions with uncompromising service quality, while employing men and women who face severe barriers to work because of a criminal record. Our services include: responsible e-waste recycling, data destruction services, IT asset management, and repair services. Homeboy Recycling is woman-led, has a hostof certifications including B-Corporation and R2 Responsible Recycler, and is a social enterprise to the core. The company was originally founded in 2011 as Isidore Electronics Recycling and re-branded under new ownership as Homeboy Recycling in November 2016. We are looking for a new team member who can build on our success to expand our business and our impact.
This is primarily a sales and communication role, centered around community and customer engagement. We are seeking a charismatic and gifted communicator to convey our message and our mission along with information about our services, cultivating potential partners, clients and allies along the way.
Reporting to the Homeboy Recycling CEO, the Business Development Manager serves as an ambassador and face of the company, maintaining relationships with partners and clients while building business and strategic relationships by identifying and selling prospects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven record of building and maintaining major sales accounts and/or landing major partnerships, and of working collaboratively with a wide range of constituents.
- Experience navigating Los Angeles city and county government.
- Enjoys public speaking and has superior communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Extremely passionate about criminal justice reform. Added bonus if that passion extends to sustainability and social enterprise.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as excellent verbal communications skills.
- Experience managing projects, establishing priorities among multiple, simultaneous deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Williingness to work in a growing organization alongside a highly diverse team.
- Experience working in a dynbamic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated environment preferred.
- Builds and sustains our company's reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfction, alongside our reputation as a social enterprise leader and innovator.
- Builds and maintains relationships with major potential clients, government, nonprofits, and funders.
- Serves as one of the faces of Homeboy Recycling in the Los Angeles region, including but not limited to: speaking and networking at conferences and gatherings, testifiying in front of governmental bodies, speaking at educational institutions, and, when applicable communicating to the press.
- Works with the team to assist in the development of internal publications such as newsletters, email announcements, online, video, special projects and assignments.
- Manages the public relations aspect for our company, working alongside our external PR agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Base plus commission, commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits including medical (including dental and vision), vacation and 401K.
- Homeboy Recycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Women and people of color are highly encouraged to apply.