Summary of Position
The Manager/Senior Manager of Development and Stewardship reports to the Head of the Foundation’s Development department, and works closely with all development staff to contribute strategies, leadership, and fundraising skills to advance the philanthropic investments of individual and corporate prospects and donors in Foundation programs.
The Manager/Senior Manager is a fundraising generalist with particular emphasis given to (1) the cultivation and solicitation of event-driven annual support from corporations and individuals, (2) the strategic management of the donor database, and (3) the development of new fundraising opportunities, including grants and new initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Execute year-round strategies to cultivate relationships and solicit corporate and individual contributions and sponsorships for all Foundation programs, including but not limited to educational and archival programs, professional conferences and seminars, and annual events including the Golf Tournament and College Television Awards gala.
- Develop and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual prospects at the $1,000 - $25,000 annual level through multiple gift vehicles, including event-based sponsorships and restricted giving.
- Prepare briefing materials for staff and volunteers, and conduct briefing meetings in preparation for solicitation calls.
- Act as primary liaison with sponsors for all events as assigned by supervisor; support relationships by managing regular communications
- throughout the year; ensure fulfillment and reporting for all sponsors.
- Strategic management of the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure optimal utilization, including training and management of staff on gift recording and recognition, updating donor records, and tracking all communication relevant to stakeholder engagement. Responsible for maintaining data integrity and executing updates and major data imports.
- \Manage new fundraising initiatives to ensure community engagement and revenue development through both sales and sponsorships.
- Responsible for researching, coordinating, and writing grant proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects, as well as accurate reporting for all confirmed grants.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Event Production, Marketing, Design, and Finance on sponsor and event needs.
- Provide high-level support to the Sr. Director, Strategic Partnerships and External Relations, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Outstanding candidates will possess:
- Progressively responsible experience in donor cultivation and fundraising at a nonprofit organization.
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and exhibit grace and good judgment under pressure.
- Demonstrated record of securing significant donations and/or partnerships.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Excellent problem solving, writing and editing skills.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to mobilize volunteers, colleagues, and superiors towards shared goal.
- Ability to interact effectively with all level of Academy staff, Board representatives, sponsors and donors and represent the Television Academy and Foundation appropriately at all times.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
Final determination of classification (Manager or Senior Manager) will be based on
level of experience.