The Music Center in downtown Los Angeles is in search of a Senior, Coordinator Special Events
The position will assist in the event implementation and volunteer management pertaining to special events for The Music Center Advancement office, including 2 large scale gala/fundraising events, as well as manage and coordinate approximately 15 membership events; will independently maintain a portfolio of membership and donor events.
The position will provide event coordination, administrative and logistical support to donor groups, including but not limited to, the Music Center Annual Fund, Center Dance Arts, Club 100, Spotlight and Music Center Leadership Council.
Under general oversight this position will report to the Associate Director of Special Events and will work in partnership with the Annual Giving and Membership Officers; will also work closely with the Assistant Vice President of Advancement and a variety of departments within The Music Center and outside vendors.
Principle responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for successfully executing a portfolio of membership and donor events, including but not limited to on campus post-performance receptions, donor technical rehearsals, donor invited student performances, Music Center Leadership Council (MCLC) and Center Dance Arts (CDA) events, a variety of Spotlight events, such as the Meet the Finalists Luncheon, and Club 100 events and activities.
- Assist Associate Director, Special Events, with the planning and execution of major fundraising and stewardship events, including a Music Center annual gala/Soiree, Spotlight Finale gala and high-end donor events.
- Provide administrative support to the Special Events phone line; respond to emails and calls.
- Partner with Annual Giving Officers to ensure successful membership events and volunteer management
- Prepare acknowledgement letters pertaining to special events. Prepare donor communications as related to events including event briefings.
- Seek out and book event vendors, including processing necessary contracts. Prepare and maintain event budgets and process and accurately code vendor invoices.
- Coordinate the event invitation process, including requesting the appropriate data, maintaining accurate data, obtaining mail house services and communicating with mail house. Prepare invitations, both digital and print, with graphic designer. Create, organize and maintain special event photo files and supplies. Diligently track and record all event RSVPs in database.
- Maintain related website updates for all advancement events.
- Assist AVP of Development, Major Gift Officers, Annual Giving and Membership Officers with special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus two to three years professional nonprofit experience, direct event management experience preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to multi-task within strict timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multi-task and bring time sensitive projects to completion.
- A record of successful experience in activities requiring customer service, event planning and donor relations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; including the ability to present information in a variety of formats. Excellent phone manner
- Ability to think critically and strategically to anticipate challenges and trouble-shoot
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, experience with
- Access a plus. Experience working with data management system (Tessitura) a plus
- Must be highly dependable and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed