Students Run LA (SRLA) creates a safe, supportive community at 175+ public schools, welcoming more than 3,000 students of all backgrounds and abilities to train alongside their volunteer mentors to complete the Los Angeles Marathon. Through this life-changing experience, students discover their best selves and learn how to make plans for the future.
Reporting to SRLA’s Associate Director, the Marketing and Communications Associate will be responsible for the development and tactical execution of marketing and communication strategies that drive awareness to meet the goals of SRLA. The Associate will be responsible for all marketing and communications of SRLA from conceptualization through execution. The ideal candidate would have experience in marketing sponsorships to local businesses.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, strategic marketing plan to increase corporate sponsorship of SRLA events, increase public participation at SRLA- produced races, inform supporters of SRLA developments and successes, and increase public awareness of SRLA
- Draft, curate, and publish regular updates on the SRLA website, including the SRLA blog
- Track and measure the success of SRLA’s outreach, including through the use of Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Draft and publish SRLA’s monthly e-newsletters
- Oversee the relationship with SRLA’s outside P.R. and social media consulting agencies
- Coordinate special events to maintain media relations and secure media coverage of SRLA’s events
- Build presentations to support SRLA’s efforts in fundraising and establishing corporate sponsorships
- Support SRLA team in the development and execution of special events, including press conferences, community events, and fundraisers
- A passion for the mission of SRLA
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing experience in the following areas: strategic marketing, business development, advertising / media, consumer promotions, public relations, social media, and working with external agencies.
- Candidates much have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a diverse team
- Capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient in Windows based environment and MS Office
- Proficient in WordPress, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- Candidates must be results oriented, have demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to work within a diverse team