ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter organization in Los Angeles, serving 12,500 low-income families across 28 open enrollment public charter high schools and middle schools. Alliance schools significantly outperform traditional public schools across almost every measure; for example, 95% of Alliance students graduate high school in four years and 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college. Alliance is committed to hiring the most dedicated, qualified, and talented teachers, school leaders, and staff to join our team and serve our students.
The Development Coordinator provides administrative and database management support for the Alliance Development team to efficiently and effectively reach ambitious fundraising goals in support of Alliance students and schools. The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Development.
- Manage donor/CRM database (includes entering data, customizing and improving database, and managing upgrades).
- Create and maintain accurate, comprehensive, and up-to- date fundraising data reports for senior staff and board members to drive development strategies.
- Support transition to improved cloud-based integrated CRM.
- Work closely with Finance Department to reconcile donations quarterly and to improve systems and processes to ensure efficient development practices.
- Manage contact data entry in email communications platform.
Donor Solicitation & Recognition Support
- Manage donor and supporter recognition and stewardship, including thank you packages, plaques, tribute notices, personal notes/calls from CDO and Directors of Development, and other forms of recognition in a timely manner.
- Lead the coordination of all mailings (solicitation, invitation, etc.), using database information to customize as needed.
Admin Support to the Development Team
- Support Directors of Development and CDO in all individual giving and campaign efforts.
- Process all donations received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Drive donor moves management process by generating regular status reports and task lists for Directors of Development and CDO.
- Assist Development Team with meeting coordination and fundraising/volunteer event logistics.
- Coordinate donor site visits.
- Conduct research on donors and donor prospects.
- Help compile information needed for grant proposals and reports.
- Perform administrative tasks such as ordering supplies, record keeping, and document archiving.
- Maintain CDO’s calendar and scheduling.
- Other duties as identified by the Directors of Development or Chief Development Officer.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 1-3 years of prior administrative experience in an office environment; on a development team preferred.
Skills, Beliefs, and Mindset:
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with databases and Google Applications. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor database preferred.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Ability to work with diplomacy and tact at all times.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data and information, including fundraising reports, budgets, etc.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams and schools.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, and collaborative working style.
- Some weekend and evening work required.
- Belief in and alignment with Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools prides itself in offering its employees a competitive salary and excellent group benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage for the employee and her/his eligible dependents. Retirement benefits are also offered and include an employer match/contribution.