ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter organization in Los Angeles, serving 12,500 low-income students across 28 free, public charter high schools and middle schools. We’re a well-established charter network with a proven record of success in preparing our students for college. In the next phase of our evolution, we must strive to ensure that our students are set up for success in college and beyond. Now is the time to join us in working for long-lasting change for our scholars.
WHY JOIN ALLIANCE?
Join our team at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an inclusive and innovative organization deeply committed to preparing Los Angeles students for long-term success. We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences who are motivated to unleash our scholars’ potential. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions to achieve our goals in service of our 12,500 students and families.
The Development Director is responsible for all grant writing, grant management activities, and managing relationships with institutional funders to support the fundraising goals of Alliance College-Ready Public Schools.
- Oversee and lead institutional funding strategies.
- Identify, research, cultivate and grow institutional funders.
- Manage private and public grant writing and reporting, including:
- Preparing and writing LOIs, concept papers, proposals that are tailored to each funder based on their priorities and requirements,
- Editing grant requests written by others,
- Coordinating Alliance participation in and submission of state and federal grants, working with contracted grant writers when necessary, and
- Managing and writing grant reports, ensuring submission of thoughtful and timely reports.
- Ensure compliance for federal and state grants, including management of program officer calls, audits, monitoring visits, and regulatory guidance.
- Support Director of Development, Annual Fund and Donor Engagement, with outreach and grant writing for corporate sponsorship prospects.
- Oversee management of the development/external relations database (currently Raiser’s Edge).
- Communicate with various departments in Alliance to maintain familiarity with programmatic and budgetary activities for reporting and for developing funding prospects.
- Maintain up-to- date information on funder communications, deadlines, and reporting requirements.
- Manage communications and relationships with current and prospective institutional funders, i.e. site visits, meetings, calls, and other cultivation, including those involving CDO and CEO.
- Supervise Development Coordinator to support and achieve the goals of the Development department.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & Chief Executive Officer and Chief Development and Communications Officer.
Generally, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills forsuccessful performance would be qualifying. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
- Three to five years of proven track record in fund development from foundation and government grants
- Program development experience, especially in education, a strong plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Well-organized and meticulous in attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software programs preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Alliance is committed to a being a Best Place to Work, where employees find meaning and joy in their work every day, within a culture of collaboration, support, and excellence. Alliance is proud to offer the following benefits to Home Office employees:
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
- A personalized health benefits package, built from a choice of medical, dental and vision coverage plans with a fully covered monthly premium for an individual employee (up to $750/month).
- An employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of your regular earnings, beginning immediately upon your start date.
- Paid time off benefits that include an annual accrual of 15 vacation days and 10 sick days, in addition to 11 paid holidays and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Employer-paid monthly parking benefit or the option of receiving a reimbursement for using public transportation or a stipend for walking or cycling to work.