The Music Center is in search of a Marketing Manager for Grand Park.
Reporting to the Park director, and coordinating closely with the senior vice president of marketing and communications for The Music Center, this qualified candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing fresh, innovative and comprehensive seasonal, event, and general marketing plans, with a focus on trade and promotional partnerships, community partnerships, digital marketing and communications, and brand visibility development.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plans, develops and implements marketing and promotional activities to increase awareness of Grand Park events as well as drive attendance
- Manages the marketing and communications activities with a focus on community outreach
- Develops, edits and distributes print and electronic collateral for the park, including, but not limited to, flyers, direct mail pieces, email blasts, newsletters and website materials
- Generates momentum and awareness for park programming and tests the effectiveness of communications activities, developing systems for data collection and analysis
- Creates marketing for diverse events—from fitness programs and performing events, to community gatherings and large-scale holiday celebrations
- Engages diverse audience segments across LA County through content that leads to measurable outcomes
- Helps develop branding strategies
- Coordinates webpage maintenance and development including blog
- Oversees the Park’s social media efforts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope,
- Snapchat, etc. currently provided by an independent contractor
- Builds strong relationships with community partners for purposes of cross promotion and audience development
- Oversees graphic design work for the Park, currently provided by an independent contractor
- Collaborates with The Music Center’s director of media relations
- Collaborates closely with members of the Marketing, Advancement, and Programming teams at The Music Center in order to ensure alignment of all organizational efforts Communicates with Los Angeles County and City affiliates
- Collaborates with the Grand Park programming team in development of digital content
- Supports contributed revenue development strategies
Requirements and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven aptitude to take information and transform it into inspiring, engaging, and useful messages disseminating them to the appropriate audiences through the most effective distribution channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing/Communications).
- At least 5 years of marketing and communications experience ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex nonprofit organization.
- Experience in events/experiential marketing required; arts and culture work experience preferred; skilled in event management
- Digital content development experience required and experience with traditional, as well as digital advertising and promotional partnerships
- Proven experience in successful marketing campaign development and execution
- Strategic communications orientation
- Detail oriented; highly organized and with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Highly collaborative style
- Impeccable communications skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, with leadership skills and the ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience managing others including part time staff and consultants
- Understanding of graphic design principles and processes and ability to create occasional graphics in-house
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Sense of humor preferred
- Salary range: Commensurate with experience; this is a non-exempt hourly position.