The Alliance for a Better Community (ABC) is a public policy and advocacy organization operating within an ever-changing dynamic that promotes the economic prosperity of the Latino community and the Los Angeles region, inclusive of an improved quality of life for Latinos in education, health, and civic participation. ABC seeks to create a vibrant Los Angeles where Latinos fully participate in, contribute to, and benefit from a prosperous community where families enjoy full access to high-quality schools, quality healthcare, and meaningful civic participation.
ABC is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join the ABC team. The administrative associate will directly support the Executive Director, general office administration and event coordination.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
● Coordinate/schedule meetings and produce, under the guidance of the project lead, meeting materials and packets.
● Prepare Executive Director’s monthly travel and expense reports.
● Collect and submit staff time sheets to Finance Director.
● Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies and equipment.
● Maintain organization’s filing system, including online shared files, and stakeholder database.
● Support bi-weekly preparation of invoices, credit card statement receipts and other vendor payments.
● Support new hire onboarding process, including purchasing equipment, collecting documentation, and providing benefit information and enrollment sheets.
● Provide logistical coordination for ABC events including but not limited to scheduling, vendor sourcing, ordering materials, staff coordination, and manage vendor invoicing.
● Associate degree or advanced degree required
● Two years of professional work experience with at least one year of administrative experience
● Highly motivated individual in good standing and with demonstrated interest in social justice
● Strong communication skills (listening, comprehension, verbal and written expression)
● Strong computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with Constant Contact and WordPress preferred.
● Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team with minimal supervision while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
● Bilingual (English/Spanish)
● Must have own transportation and a valid CA driver’s license with proof of insurance
TIME COMMITMENT/WORK SCHEDULE:
This is a part time position.
$15-$20 per hour, depending on experience.
ABC is located in downtown Los Angeles. If you would like more information on our organization, visit our website at http://www.afabc.org/ .
Please send cover letter and resume to Carla Lopez, Policy and Program Coordinator at [email protected]