The Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles, founded in 2014, supports building a better quality of life for Angelenos by driving transformative change through public-private partnerships. The Fund drives collaboration with leaders and experts, cultivates our diversity, capitalizes on our creativity, and champions new ideas. The Fund targets programs that are time-specific, impactoriented efforts around priority areas by facilitating private resources to ongoing civic programs, as well as focusing on new, innovative solutions. The Fund embraces opportunities that take risks and carefully measures results to be data driven, efficient and accountable. The Fund is built on the idea that building cross-sector partnerships will help make Los Angeles the safest, most prosperous, most livable and best-run big city in the world.
The Coordinator of the Fund will be part of a small team managing and monitoring civic programs within the Mayor’s Fund for Los Angeles. The Coordinator will support the administrative functions and coordination of programs in partnership with the MFLA President and team. This position will assist and provide support to the Operations & Grants Administrator, who oversees financial and administrative filing systems, and also manages the Fund’s donor database including data entry and reporting. The Coordinator will coordinate meeting communications, logistics, materials, and all meeting scheduling and related prep work.
The Coordinator must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, possess a flexible work style, be highly-organized, detail-oriented, professional and feel comfortable with managing multiple projects simultaneously. This position is for someone looking for a dynamic, exciting work environment and has a passion for the City of Los Angeles.
• Serve as first point of contact for inquiries with the Fund; manage general email and phone lines.
• Manage the Fund’s database along with the Operations & Grants Administrator tracking donor relations, including all data entry, reporting and analysis.
• Support communications including preparing donor correspondence, weekly reports, newsletters, board binders, etc.
• Assist accounting team with processing of program invoices and supporting documentation as needed.
• Coordinate scheduling of meetings for Fund President, MFLA Staff, Board of Directors, and Fund operations as needed.
• Ongoing basic research, briefings and meeting material prep for Board meetings and other as needed.
• Serve as point person on all event planning for philanthropic and donor-related gatherings.
• 1+ years of progressively responsible related experience in philanthropy and/or the nonprofit sector, with an understanding of the public sector preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit sector.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use internet applications.
• Possess some experience using donor tracking database software (ideally Blackbaud’s eTapestry).
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise high degree of discretion with confidential information.
• Skilled in exercising sound judgment and must possess good analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Previous event-planning experience is a plus.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Interested applicants should email a cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications along with a complete resume that includes work and education experience to [email protected] Please put MFLA COORDINATOR in the subject line of the email.