The Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles, founded in 2014, supports building a better quality of life for Angelenos by driving transformative change through public-private partnerships. The Fund drives collaboration with leaders and experts, cultivates our diversity, capitalizes on our creativity, and champions new ideas. The Fund targets programs that are time-specific, impactoriented efforts around priority areas by facilitating private resources to ongoing civic programs, as well as focusing on new, innovative solutions. The Fund embraces opportunities that take risks and carefully measures results to be data driven, efficient and accountable. The Fund is built on the idea that building cross-sector partnerships will help make Los Angeles the safest, most prosperous, most livable and best-run big city in the world.
POSITION: The Project Lead will lead the development of the Youth Employment Pilot platform, which will allow for increased efficiency of skills assessment and job placement for the 80,000 opportunity youth in the LA region. Working across City government and the Mayor’s Office, the Project Lead will support program implementation by serving as a bridge to public and private sectors. By utilizing the resources of the Workforce Development office and the reach of the City’s YouthSource Centers, the Project Lead will work across all parts of the City to connect opportunity youth with meaningful employment through technology. The position will also be responsible for building metrics, tracking progress across the YEP platform, and providing accurate reporting of program impact for partners and donors. The YEP Project Lead must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, possess a flexible leadership style, be highly-organized, detail-oriented, professional and able to work with all types of personalities as well as feel comfortable with managing multiple projects simultaneously. The YEP Project Lead must also have familiarity with data, general best practices around privacy, and web-based platforms, or other equivalent technology familiarity. This position is for someone looking for a dynamic, exciting work environment and has a passion for the City of Los Angeles.
● Support the advancement of projects through a defined program application process, as
well as provide ongoing support through program implementation
● Develop and monitor metrics that track program impact
● Monitor grant implementation and grant reporting required by funders,
● Provide support to program team to produce timely reports
● Monitor budget throughout program implementation
SALARY: Full-time, one year position. Salary based on experience
● 3-5 years of progressively responsible related experience in city government, and/or nonprofit sector, with an understanding of the public sector preferred
● Knowledge and skill in program management with emphasis on impact measurement
● Experience with relationship development
● Strong organizational skills
● Skilled in exercising sound judgment and must possess good analytical skills
● Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with public speaking
● Strong written communication skills, including ability to write and execute a strategic plan
● Willingness and desire to work diligently to deliver results
● Ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time
Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration/Public Policy preferred.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications along with a complete resume that includes work and education experience to [email protected] Please put YEP PROJECT LEAD in the subject line of the email.