Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, Tobacco Control and Prevention Program
Position: Salary Exempt
Monthly Salary: $5,238.00
Fully Paid Medical/Dental Insurance
Contract through June 30, 2019
The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Graphic Designer. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for the creation of the community settings initiative printed and online visual design including advertising, marketing, and communications. The Graphic Designer will have knowledge of video editing tools and will be well versed in creating graphic design elements for Proposition 56.
- Provide creative support in integrating brand and style guidelines in the TCPP’s smoking cessation efforts;
- Manage print projects from creative phase to development including coordination with print vendors through production;
- Create visual content for website and social media outreach;
- Provide graphic support for the Project including e-newsletters, brochures, research briefs and reports, promotional incentives, visual presentations and multimedia project; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years graphic design, web design and marketing in the preparation and production of manual and graphic art presentations. Experience should be in graphic art procedures, layout and lettering, artwork preparation, graphic design, illustration, spot illustration, advertising design, and typography.
- A valid California driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Ability to create high-quality original designs for print, web, and digital media;
- Fluent in current graphic design practices and software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe After Effects;
- Experience working in a public health, government agency or nonprofit organization;
- Strong technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such as HyperText Markup Language (HTML), Flash and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and WordPress;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally;
- Superior communication, organization, and presentation skills;
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and coordinate work;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.