Check out the finalists activating Angelenos for a better LA. Vote by June 29, 2018.
Public voting has started!
Direct Report: Director, Communications
Travel Requirement: 10% Commitment
The mission of LeadersUp is to bridge the divide between the untapped potential of young people and the business challenge of finding and keeping the best talent. We believe strategic investments in human capital is the key to creating an economically inclusive society and widening the circle of opportunity for under-served communities. We strive to fulfill our mission by engaging employers to design, test and sustain career pathway centered talent solutions that are demand-driven and humanfocused.
Established in 2013 by Starbucks Corporation and launched by forward-thinking business leaders, LeadersUp is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit and social enterprise that works to address the burgeoning talent divide and the national youth disconnection crisis. Incorporated in the State of Washington, LeadersUp has market presence in Los Angeles, Chicago and the San Francisco Bay Area with plans to expand into other markets across the nation. In addition to our youth development and workforce training services, we also provide industry analysis, program management and technical assistance/strategy development for private, government and nongovernment entities interested in connecting industry to the next generation of diverse talent.
LeadersUp seeks a seasoned, dynamic, and mission-driven Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications (“Manager”) to oversee the strategic creation and implementation of content across traditional and digital media channels that engage the organization’s key stakeholders: Opportunity Youth (OY), community-based organizations, and employers. The Manager will be responsible for developing social media and digital content, tracking and reporting of analytics, assisting with the creation and maintenance of digital collateral and video, and supporting brand development.
• Assist with copy writing needs for collateral materials, speaking points and outreach documents across all departments.
• Support the creation and implementation of traditional media outreach engagement.
• Inform overarching organizational communications strategy with key digital and social media analytical insights.
• Innovate and implement strategies for communicating with OY through their employment trajectory (initial point of entry to post-placement).
• Manage supporter database, build key messaging for stakeholders through email and mobile texting platforms and set automation campaigns.
• Edit internal and public-facing collateral for consistency, clarity, and relevance.
• Work in partnership with the Impact team to support with key messaging and communications plan for technical assistance projects.
• Develop and maintain national social media and digital engagement strategy for key audiences.
• Ensure digital and social media messaging is in alignment with organizational brand and voice.
• Analyze and respond to performance data on social media platforms, primarily: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Support with the development of website content, reports and analytics for building SEO optimization on a regular basis.
• Keep abreast of digital and communications platforms for deepening stakeholder engagement and continual professional development.
Management & Administration
• Supervise consultants and volunteers/interns as assigned, to achieve the goals of the Communications team.
• Participate in cross functional, external and staff team meetings on a regular basis.
• Engage in other admin-related activities at the request of the President & CEO and/or Executive Team.
• Directly supervises personnel within the Communications department.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training personnel; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s degree communications or related field.
• 3-5 years’ communications experience preferably in a non-profit industry setting.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite.
• Experience with CRM and web-based tools including Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Committed to working with and supporting diverse communities.
• Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively as a team within a dynamic work environment that includes virtual teams.
• Graphic design and video production skills preferred.
• GAIQ certification preferred.
• Bilingual fluency (Spanish) highly desirable, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Frequently required to stand.
• Occasionally required to walk.
• Frequently required to sit.
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds.
LeadersUp is an equal opportunity employer committed to bridging the divide between the untapped potential of young people and the business challenge of finding and keeping the best talent. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line by June 22, 2018. Applications without these materials will not be considered.
Due to a high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.