Check out the finalists activating Angelenos for a better LA. Vote by June 29, 2018.
Public voting has started!
Direct Report: Vice President
Travel Requirement: 10% Commitment
The mission of LeadersUp is to bridge the divide between the untapped potential of young people and the business challenge of finding and keeping the best talent. We believe strategic investments in human capital is the key to creating an economically inclusive society and widening the circle of opportunity for under-served communities. We strive to fulfill our mission by engaging employers to design, test and sustain career pathway centered talent solutions that are demand driven and human focused.
Established in 2013 by Starbucks Corporation and launched by forward-thinking business leaders, LeadersUp is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit and social enterprise that works to address the burgeoning talent divide and the national youth disconnection crisis. Incorporated in the State of Washington, LeadersUp has market presence in Los Angeles, Chicago and the San Francisco Bay Area with plans to expand into other markets across the nation. In addition to our youth development and workforce training services, we also provide industry analysis, program management and technical assistance/strategy development for private, government and nongovernment entities interested in connecting industry to the next generation of diverse talent.
LeadersUp seeks a seasoned, dynamic, and mission-driven Executive Assistant, Impact (“the Executive Assistant”) to pro-actively support the Vice President and the National Director, Talent Solutions (“the National Director”). The Executive Assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative support tasks to the Impact department, which may include travel arrangements, calendar management, drafting correspondence, budget and expense tracking activities, scheduling internal and external meetings and, as needed, project management support on several ongoing projects.
• Manage and support the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Impact Department, handling confidential information with discretion.
• Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
• Manage the VP and National Director’s schedule to support efficient workflow and maximize departmental priorities.
• Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the VP and the National Director.
• Manage information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders.
• Work interdepartmentally with other departments to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the VP and the National Director are engaged throughout the organization.
• Plan, organize, and manage logistics for events, board meetings, and other external and internal meetings.
• Draft and edit correspondence, communications and other documents as requested.
• Collect, input, and manage information relating to the Impact department via the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
• Maintain a highly organized filing system.
• Organize and coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements.
• Attends meetings and other functions as needed.
• Participate in projects and other duties as assigned by the Impact department and the President’s Office.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum 3-5 years’ providing senior level support in a fast-paced environment.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
• Demonstrated experience with calendar management, scheduling, data entry, and managing files.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally.
• Knowledge of CRM or similar software.
• Ability to self-manage, prioritize assignments, and manage multiple deadlines.
• Experience managing departmental budgets and operating across time zones is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Occasionally required to stand.
• Occasionally required to walk.
• Frequently required to sit.
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds.
LeadersUp is an equal opportunity employer committed to bridging the divide between the untapped potential of young people and the business challenge of finding and keeping the best talent. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Executive Assistant, Impact – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line by June 22, 2018. Applications without these materials will not be considered.
Due to a high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted