The Ghetto Film School (GFS) is an award-winning, independent film organization based in MacArthur Park, LA and the South Bronx, NY. Our mission is to educate, develop and celebrate the next generation of great American storytellers. Current GFS pre-professional and early career programs annually serve over 3,250 emerging, diverse artists 14-29 years of age.
GFS is seeking a Development Manager to join our team and support our fundraising efforts. Based in Los Angeles and reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager is responsible for activities that will identify and secure funding with an emphasis on increasing overall support through researching prospective donors and creating high quality grant proposals, reports, letters of request and other materials to raise funds for general operating.
- Develop proposals, grant applications, and letters of inquiry or request for submission to
- prospects, including foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals
- Prepare detailed reports, including required financials
- Prepare prospect research reports on foundations, corporations, and individuals, and
- create detailed prospect and fundraising strategies for specific projects and initiatives
- Manage donor database implementation, gift entry and acknowledgment process
- Assist with donor communications and donor events
- Maintain online content for www.ghettofilm.org
- Craft engaging Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram posts and, occasionally, e-newsletters
- and targeted email campaigns
- Provide basic development support
- Other duties as assigned
- Have, at minimum, a Bachelor's degree and at least two years of relevant experience
- Experience with grant writing and developing written proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated interest in film/media
- Strong organizational abilities; facility prioritizing and managing multiple projects
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically to advance project and
- organizational goals
- Preferred: Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; Microsoft Word,
- Excel; Salesforce; basic coding. Experience maintaining a style guide.