Walk With Sally (WWS), a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing mentoring support programs and services to children of parents (or with siblings) with cancer, is seeking
a full-time (Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30 pm) Program & Administrative Coordinator. This position will be responsible for the overall support and assistance to the Program Staff,
helping to support programs, services, and project plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Conduct intake interviews and attend in-service meetings with children and families referred to the mentoring program and/or services
- Assist with the development and management of relationships with local schools and community-based organizations
- Communicate with prospective mentors, current mentors, and families to ensure
- all necessary information (i.e. applications, background checks, participation surveys) are completed and received by WWS in a timely manner.
- Coordinate monthly orientation sessions (“welcome sessions”) aimed at providing information about Walk With Sally
- Assist with the logistics and administration of monthly Mentor Trainings
- Assist with the organization of quarterly Friendship Activities for mentors, mentees, families and volunteers as a group (e.g., bowling trips, pizza parties, amusement park excursions, end-of-year events etc...)
- Assist and coordinate the matching process of mentees and mentors in the Mentoring Program
- Organize and maintain timely and accurate information within the organization’s various databases – Salesforce, smugmug, google doc, dropbox
- Maintain and update program blog on a regular basis
- Actively contribute to the program’s expansion and development in new communities
- Attend community events to help promote Walk With Sally programs
- Assist with other programs including: HeART to Home Program: An Expressive Arts Program, Molly’s Corner, and Temporary Family Support
- Work with the Program staff to monitor and maintain program quality on an ongoing basis
- Complete other duties and activities as needed
DEVELOPMENT/SPECIAL EVENTS/OFFICE ANDIMINSTRATION
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, and copying.
- Manage agenda and calendar for organization meetings
- Ensure online event calendar is updated on a regular basis
- Communicate with building management and other vendors as needed
- Research and secure all in-kind donations for events as needed
- Solicit, either by letter, phone, or in-person and ask for a repeat of previous year's in-kind donation
- Assist in accounting for receipts of donations and execute thank you notes to key donors
- Manage volunteer relationships and ensure volunteers receive appropriate correspondence for special events
- Establish invitation process; maintain RSVP lists and guest arrangements
- Communicate with all event vendors securing COIs prior to event date
- Perform other special event/development duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, prefer MSW, with emphasis in social work, child psychology and/or education (eg. MSW, L.C.S.W, E.D.D)
- Experience working with youth-based nonprofits preferred
- Experience and skill in working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (excellent telephone skills are vital)
- Skills in teamwork and supporting staff and volunteers.
- Proven organizational and administrative ability
- Have experience public speaking
- Ability to use word-processing and database software programs
- Experience in database and web management (i.e. Salesforce, WordPress, Classy, Pardot)
CEO: Nick Arquette
Program Manager: Julie Cegelski
- This is a full-time position working out of the Walk With Sally office in El Segundo. In addition to these hours, Program & Administrative Coordinator should be available to work some evenings and at least one Saturday per month.
- Mileage can be reimbursed at the end of each month for any travel. The current government allowance 54 cents per mile.
- All employees are eligible for medical and dental benefits after initial ninety-day introductory period.
- There is a earned in of two weeks vacation plus a week off during the Christmas Holiday for all Walk With Sally employees.
- The person in this position must possess a valid CA driver’s license and maintain a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 in personal automobile insurance to accommodate occasional fieldwork.
- *New hires will be required to complete and pass a live scan background check.
The introductory assessment period runs from the date of hire for ninety days thereafter. For employment in any position with the WWS program, this introductory assessment period is the period during which the specifics of the job are learned.
There is no minimum period of employment guaranteed or implied by acceptance of an employment offer. It is the policy of Walk With Sally that even exempt positions are governed by the needs of the organization, which means that employment is for no specified term and either WWS or the employee, may terminate that employment at any time.
In addition, Walk With Sally works to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. Walk With Sally strives to provide a collaborative and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Walk With Sally is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit.