VISION: Women Rising activates every woman’s voice and personal power to collaborate not compete and to celebrate, not criticize. We believe in a world where we can choose for our past to be our power because we are more beautiful for having been broken.
MISSION: Women Rising Productions champions the storytelling of inspiring female voices around the world. Our fund powers the rising of history in the making: lighting the way for women and girls, one new heroine at a time.
ABOUT: Women Rising Productions (WRP) is a new 501c3 based on the premise that to power more storytelling of women and girls that can inspire the masses, we need more dedicated funds going towards those storytellers around the world and the impact of their storytelling. We are in a moment that needs to be acknowledged for the powerful tidal shift that it is: the more women hear and see what they can become, the more likely they are to try, and that measurement of this impact is not only harnessed but communicated.
WRP will raise and distribute a film fund to provide grants to such filmmakers. WRP will also take on select projects to benefit the fund.
This moment requires more storytelling and bringing together the donors that want a better future of content and leadership for their daughters and granddaughters.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED), a visionary and innovative leader, will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for WRP staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will develop a deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans. He or she will assess and evaluate strategies, decide how the organization will differentiate itself from other like-minded organizations, and will hire teams, set budgets, forge alliances, and build partnerships to further the mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Inform the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding, and program success and priorities.
- Participate in securing and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance management team and support staff
- Write and revise, as necessary, the job descriptions for all staff (except Executive Director).
- Prepare yearly performance evaluations (oral and written) for all management and support staff.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes that can be effectively
- communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Accountable for fundraising financial objectives set by the Board
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support program operations.
- Build and maintain excellent and growth-oriented relationships with board members, committee members, and other top donors and prospects.
- Actively identify and cultivate corporate, individual, and foundation sponsors.
- Strengthening the WRP brand by developing all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relationships.
- Be an external presence that publishes and communicates program results.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with local media; provide oversight for WRP presence in social media.
- Reach out to the community to present WRP, its vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant business events, conferences, and gatherings.
- Sponsor and/or co-sponsor special events designed to promote WRP mission or other like-minded missions.
Finance & Administration:
- Manage day-to-day fiscal operations.
- Budget and allocate resources appropriately and hold him or herself accountable for the financial health of the organization.
- Ensure that WRP is in compliance with relevant state and federal laws, regulations and with standard accounting procedures.
- Submit monthly and quarterly financial reports to grantors (as required).
- Review and approve all monthly and quarterly reports and documentation to substantiate those reports.
- Submit bills and expenditures to the treasurer for reimbursement and accounting.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of WRP.
- The ED will be thoroughly committed to WRP’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. The ideal candidate will be a highly effective communicator, detailed-oriented, firm understanding of the film and fundraising space, passionate about what WRP is trying to achieve, and is versed in social impact for content initiatives.
Specific requirements include:
- Advanced degree or certification preferable
- At least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling performance and outcomes-based non-profit organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups