The Organization: As a legacy of the 1984 Olympic Games, the LA84 Foundation continues to be a nationally recognized leader in support of youth sport programs and elevating the importance of sports in positive youth development. LA84 seeks to provide an opportunity for every child to participate in sports and experience the wide range of positive outcomes associated with youth sport participation. Since its launch in 1984, LA84 has invested millions in the commmunities that supported the Games, reaching more than 3 million youth throughout Southern California, from Santa Barbara to San Diego County. The LA84 Foundation continues to promote the spirit of the 1984 Olympic Games by convening and engaging local, national and international audiences about the role of sport in society, and the impact of the Olympic Games on host cities, especially as we look ahead to the 2028 Games. LA84's headquarters is located in the historic Britt House near downtown Los Angeles, where it houses meeting facilities and the worl'ds premier sports library. For more information, please visit www.la84.org.
Own the day-to-day digital media programs for the LA84 Foundation, including social media strategy and execution. We are looking for a high-energy applicant with experience in successfully building and implementing digital marketing and social media programs for an organization. You will know how to work with a team and across organizational functions and departments to build engagement and a strong following on social media platforms. You are comfortable with quantitative analysis and know how to build an executive dashboard that highlights key success metrics. Reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
- Coordinate and implement/execute on all aspects of LA84's social media channels including but not limited to the daily collecting and posting of relevant content, daily monitoring and response to audience postings, accelerating the growth of followers, growing audience engagement an dmeasuring and analyzing the effectiveness of social media efforts.
- Perform data analysis of marketing efforts and provide results in a dashboard format
- Writing, editing and layout of all marketing and social media content
- Generating creative content for LA84.org including feature stories
- Follow and report regularly on emerging social media and digital marketing trends
- Assisting with production of biennial report, e-newsletter, ando ther publications (digital and hardcopy)
- Raises awareness about youth sport issues and highlights the organizations LA84 partners together
- Works with key constituents through media relations, marketing, public relations and online platforms
- Collaborates with all of the organization's departments to achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages, and external communications, including organization-wide electronic and print communications.
- Reports on content performance across multiple channels, identifying and communicating key performance metricsa nd insights with management and other partners
- Manage and build email marketing database
- Staffing all LA84 events in a media relations capacity
- Other duties assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Communications or the President may include special event promotion, facilitating interviews, staffing community events, and mentoring student intern staff
Knowledge & skills:
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Dedication to the goals and mission of the LA84 Foundation – including closing the play equity gap; getting more girls in the game and more women coaching; and working to ensure that all youth have the opportunity to play, regardless of their zip code.
- Proven success in developing, planning and implementing digital marketing and social media strategies
- Proficiency with HTML, Wordpress (a requirement), MS Office suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop and social media tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of business communications
- Wordpress (or related) experience and expertise, to handle regular posting and minor maintenance of the LA84.org website; and to smoothly communicate with the outside web development firm and web graphic designer when any larger web maintenance or changes are necessary.
- Multi-media storytelling skills. The ability to craft compelling content that connects the work of the LA84 Foundation to a wider audience, by using platforms or tools such as Adobe Spark; making short videos from scratch; posting photo galleries; and/or using other platforms or tools.
- E-mail newsletter talents. To maintain databases (Mail Chimp, currently) of names, and send out monthly and as needed visually appealing and information-filled communications to the various LA84 Foundation audiences.
- Other areas of expertise welcome as well – ranging from multi-lingual communication skills to AR or VR interest to ways of sharing information that an ideal candidate can introduce the LA84 Foundation
- Hands-on experience using a social media platform management tool
- Experience with social media marketing across all major platforms such as Facebook, and Instagram Experience doing data analysis and building dashboard analytics
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Effective planner and organizer
- Motivation to learn and work in a dynamic environment
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic to be part of team
- You should be a process oriented individual with an eye for detail.
This position requires travel locally as needed
General office environment.
Physical demands include lifting and moving equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds, visual acuity in reviewing detailed computer records, physical requirements related to sports activities and periodic travel.
Occasional weekend, late afternoon, and evening hours. The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to limit the scope of potential work assignments.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience