Job Posting: Program Coordinator
MAKE IT IN LA is seeking a self-starting Program Coordinator as we take the organization to the next level and launch our new Catalyst Program. The program aims to identify promising emerging and established entrepreneurs and help them manufacture and scale in LA. You will play a pivotal role as the first full-time paid staff member reporting directly to the Executive Director. You will work closely with our volunteer “Catalysts,” corporate partners, and the diverse creators and manufacturers in the program. You will also engage and grow our broader community through various events, social media, and digital content.
We seek someone who is resourceful, curious, meticulous, and fearless as we rapidly evolve the organization and expand its impact. You must have exceptional oral and written communication skills as you will be heavily engaged in external relationship building. This is a grant-funded position through February 2019 which we aim to renew. Flexible hours.
- Coordinate events, sometimes with partners, such as workshops, factory tours, CEO dinners, MakerWalk, and a possible conference. Manage consultants and vendors for larger events when appropriate.
- Track and connect participants in our programs, including Catalysts, creators, manufacturers, and sponsors.
- Oversee communications with our broader community (monthly newsletter, social media, website, invitations, etc.)
- Manage and grow our social media accounts and help build our brand.
- Create content as appropriate, such as newsletters, event summaries, creator profiles and interviews, simple videos, etc.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a longer-term communications plan—including social media, content, and PR—to build awareness and engagement with our core audiences and beyond
- Identify and research new events, creators, resources, and potential sponsors and partners relevant to our movement
- Oversee interns and volunteers to do research and help deliver on projects
- Support the Executive Director, including keeping track of contacts, scheduling meetings, and planning travel
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2-3+ years of experience in program coordination, marketing, and communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Event planning experience
- Savvy using social media to engage and grow audiences
- Experience creating and editing content in various media (i.e., web, newsletters, social media). Audio and video editing a big plus.
- Confidence with technology tools and an eagerness to learn new ones a must. At a minimum: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google apps, Dropbox, Photoshop. Experience with WordPress, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Asana, Airtable, Zapier and other tools a big plus.
- Courage, imagination, and a sense of adventure a must!
$44k-50k, based on experience