The Client Services Coordinator, (CSC), under the supervision of the Site Director, is responsible for providing high quality services to the hundreds of homeless and low-income individuals who come through our doors every day. The CSC is the first point of contact with Chrysalis, greeting clients, staff, volunteers and donors. This role is key in coordinating services; ensuring adherence to organizational procedures; and fostering a safe, welcoming and professional work environment. The CSC also provides support to Chrysalis staff and facilitates the front lobby operations. This position requires a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide High Quality Services to Individuals Coming Into Chrysalis
- Facilitate Front Lobby Operations
- Provide Administrative and Staff Support
1) Provide High Quality Services to Individuals Coming Into Chrysalis
- Establish welcoming presence and continually maintain positive and motivating demeanor.
- Greet clients to facilitate their access to Chrysalis programs and resources.
- Promote and explain Chrysalis services accurately to visitors and callers
- Greet guests and assist them as needed.
- Carry out aspects of client orientation: distribute and explain the Client Services Form and assist with scheduling an assessment and creating client ID cards.
- Distribute mail and relay messages to clients.
- Assist clients in accessing resources from partner agencies.
- Coach clients on professional behavior when necessary.
2) Facilitate Front Lobby Operations
- Manage client use of supportive resources such as the computer lab, phones, copier, mail, and other resources.
- Ensure clients scan in as necessary.
- Be aware of classes and other activities taking place and direct clients to activities as needed.
- Ensure clients comply with all Chrysalis policies and procedures and inform clients of rule infractions or violations.
- Accept in-kind donations and process them accordingly.
- Assist with closing and opening procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Client Support & Operations Coordinator, a staff member also based in the lobby, to maintain quality services and effective operations.
3) Provide Administrative and Staff Support
- Manage and respond to all incoming telephone calls.
- Input client data and case notes into Service Point (data system) promptly and accurately.
- Maintain supply of employment curricula and client service forms for use and distribution.
- Maintain up-to-date supplies for classes: handouts, teaching notes, and class sign-in sheets.
- Create and update Power Point Slides used in the lobby screen.
- Sort client and staff mail.
- Provide administrative support to Employment Specialists as needed.
- Assist the Site Director, program volunteers and staff as needed.
- Participate in outreach activities, such as resource and job fairs, as needed.
- Assist the Site Director in maintenance and inventory of supplies, facilities and equipment.
- Participate in case conference and staff meetings to help accurately assess and meet client needs.
- Participate in organizational meetings, trainings and other functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalency required, AA or BA preferred.
- 2 years of administrative work experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients
- Advanced computer literacy, data processing, and word processing skills (MS Office).
- Ability to motivate others and to solve problems
- Ability to communicate agency needs and policies to clients in a supportive and patient manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Team player, with a clear understanding of team dynamics, who is willing to help other employees when needed.
- Experience and/or desire and commitment to work with homeless, low-income, recovering populations.
- Sensitivity and understanding of various cultures and lifestyles.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.