LA Family housing is looking to hire a position for a Program Management Associate. Under the direction of the Vice President, Real Estate, the Project Management Associate’s primary responsibility is to assist in a full range of real estate development activities.
- Support Project Managers in all phases of development including feasibility analysis, community engagement, design development, securing of financing, construction and lease up.
- Support Project Managers by preparing, coordinating, completing loan applications and funding applications to various private and public funding agencies for its real estate projects.
- Support Project Managers by administering loan closings, including working with attorneys, lenders, investors, and escrow/title companies in the coordination and delivery of due diligence, legal and financial documents.
- Assist in conducting due diligence on properties during the acquisition and predevelopment phases
- Assist with obtaining clearances during the plan check process in order to obtain building permits.
- Prepare, maintain and submit funding draws to numerous financial institutions for acquisition, predevelopment and construction phases of affordable housing projects.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files for all projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager(s) and/or the Vice President, Real Estate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- General knowledge and understanding of real estate development concepts and affordable housing finance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal real estate documents.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized, efficient and timely manner and successfully meet project deadlines. Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills and clear writing ability.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative, and work well under pressure.
- A bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience in urban planning, housing development, real estate development, business, finance or a related field.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Vice President, Real Estate
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: None
Position titles reporting to position: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Payroll Status: Salary
Work Schedule: Full-time
LAFH BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.
EEO: LAFH is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE: LAFH is in compliance with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
PHYSICAL ACCOMMODATIONS: All candidates must be able to perform the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. For a list of physical demands, please refer to the full job description.