Help discover, secure, and track funding opportunities that will ensure DWC’s sustainability and future success! DWC is looking for a Contracts & Grants Coordinator who would be responsible for identifying, vetting, and writing proposals for Government funding as well as working with our Grant Writing team to coordinate the Corporate and Foundation grants process. You would be involved with research, writing, tracking, compliance, reporting, and relationship building with current and potential supporters in order to advance DWC’s Fund Development Plan. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is an integral part of DWC’s Development & Communications team.
- Continuously develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of city, county, state, and federal government funding opportunities and determine which opportunities strategically align with DWC’s organizational priorities and capacity.
- In conjunction with our contracted Grant Writing team, work to identify Foundation and Corporate funder prospects, research opportunities, and prepare proposals. Delegate tasks and duties as needed.
- Provide strategic leadership and work across departments to contribute to the achievement of ambitious revenue targets, securing nearly $9 million in funding annually from government, foundation, individual, corporate, and earned income sources.
- Provide day-to-day coordination of all Grants and Contracts by maintaining and updating proposal and award information in systems and databases, creating and maintaining files, and coordinating/tracking proposal submission, award set-up, compliance, tracking, and reporting. Ensure that all deadlines are met and work is prioritized effectively.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with funding agencies, program officers, collaborating organizations, and internal departments. Effectively coordinate between all constituents from prospecting through closeout.
- Work with Development team to engage new and existing foundation and institutional partners and enhance relationships through grants, event sponsorships, volunteer opportunities, and in-kind donations.
- Possess a strong understanding of the measures and metrics used to evaluate DWC programs and identify measurable goals and objectives for use in proposals.
- Work with Program Staff to identify programmatic funding needs and offer recommendations for program and service design to ensure competitiveness and efficiency in grant applications.
- Work with Finance, Operations, and Program staff to monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with all public and private grant requirements.
- Prepare evaluation reports consistent with funder requirements.
- Assist with additional activities in support of our annual Fund Development Plan, including annual and planned giving, capital campaigns, fundraising events, tours and presentations, and data management
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Could Be A Good Match If You Have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years of previous grant writing, development and/or fundraising for a nonprofit organization required
- Knowledge of government funding opportunities at local, state, and federal levels
- Knowledge of foundation and corporate funding landscape for homeless/social service agencies
- Rigorous, systematic, and disciplined approach to grant research, coordination, tracking, and reporting
- Exception skill in comprehension, analysis, and technical writing, including the ability to articular and explain complex funding and financial issues in a clear, non-technical manner
- Demonstrated success as a team player, including the ability to develop and maintain a goal-oriented, positive attitude throughout the organization
- Strong multitasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to comfortably interface with Board Members, Leadership, donors, and general DWC community
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Compassion and understanding of DWC’s unique approach to service provision
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package that includes training, paid time off, and medical, vision, dental, parking and transportation benefits.