TITLE: Foundation Assistant
THE ORGANIZATION: The LA84 Foundation is a nationally recognized leader in support of youth sport programs and public education about the role of sports in positive youth development. The foundation, with 30 years of on-the-ground experience, has supported thousands of Southern California youth sports organizations through grant making, while also training coaches, commissioning research, convening conferences and acting as a national thought leader on important youth sports issues. LA84 levels the playing field so that sport is accessible to all children, while elevating the field of youth sports as an integral part of American life. LA84’s headquarters is located in the historic Britt House near downtown Los Angeles, where it houses meeting facilities and the world’s premier sports library. For more information, please visit www.la84.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides significant program and administrative support with all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and projects/programs. May coordinate and maintain CRM database. The Foundation assistant provides administrative, operational and analytical support to various Foundation departments as assigned. The position requires flexibility, sound judgment and considerable use of tack, diplomacy and discretion. The Assistant will multitask, prioritize incoming requests, and work with initiative. The role requires analytical and communication skills to appropriately prioritize duties, engage and work collaboratively with the team in a proactive and positive style, and to produce results on-time with meticulous attention to detail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports staff with coordinating and preparing for external presentations (in-person and webinars), including the development of presentation materials and related logistical support.
- Coordinates all logistics, scheduling, agendas, materials, and food/refreshments for program related meetings and events including: special projects meetings, grantee convenings, focus area events and meetings, educational/professional development sessions, and other Foundation events; may require planning skills
- Primary administrative support for the constituent management system (CRM) with ensuring completeness and maintaining current information as well as running reports and analysis as requested;
- Assist in research, preparation, and written documentation for special projects, presentations and meetings
- Maintains and updates electronic program files, including: historical files, policies and procedures, forms, learning resources, archiving of information, and meeting minutes
- Conducts general external and internal research on organizations or issues relevant to the Foundation, as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support
- Assist with completing and editing reports
- Assist with creating and tailoring presentations for various stakeholder groups/purposes
- Attend meetings and provide input and feedback related to Foundation operations
- Backs up for events, telephone and reception duties, as needed.
- Provide back-up support for other tasks
- Assist with administrative tasks and other duties as assigned
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow; ability to successfully mutli-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Knowledge of maintaining and executing confidential information
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Maintain regular attendance
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Proven abilities in analytical and database skills; datamining
Success in this position will require you to be highly organized, great at multitasking, with a strong attention to detail and ability to manage time and multiple priorities
The strongest candidate will be a motivated self-starter with ability to set clear goals and follow through with flexible and creative problem solving.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum Experience: 2-3 years experience
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- JOB LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
- Status: Non-Exempt
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions
- Valid automobile liability insurance
- This position requires travel locally as needed
- General office
- Physical demands include lifting and moving equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds, visual acuity in reviewing detailed computer records, physical requirements related to sports activities and periodic
- Occasional weekend, late afternoon, and evening hours.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience