The Executive Director (ED) will serve as the chief executive of Hilarity for Charity (HFC), reporting to the Board of Directors through the Chair of the Board. The ED is directly responsible for strategic planning, operations and administering all programs, communications, and financial management.
Mission & Strategy
- Work with the Board to develop and implement a strategic plan that aligns with the organization’s mission statement.
- Enhance HFC’s image by being an active and visible participant in related professional, public and private organizations in the Alzheimer’s community; build and expand collaborative partnerships.
- Create systems to track the organization’s progress and evaluate program components; communicate updates regularly to the Board, including the publication of a comprehensive Annual Report.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure operational excellence, including the development of systems needed to achieve and maintain HFC’s strategic goals.
- Cultivate Board involvement and serve as ex-officio on all Committees. Along with the Chair, prepare agenda and supporting material for all Board meetings.
- Build a high-performing senior leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a best-in-class staff.
Finance & Development
- Prepare an annual budget, and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Work with HFC’s bookkeeper and tax preparer to file all necessary forms. Cultivate new and existing network of donors and corporate sponsors.
- Design, review and maintain operational policies, practices and guidelines.
- Sign all checks, agreements, grants and other instruments for effective operation.
- Maintain regular oversight of all HFC Events and Programs.
- Implement comprehensive communications plan, including coordination with outside vendors, to ensure an effective messaging to all HFC constituents.
- Prepare yearly performance evaluations for all staff.
- Ten or more years of management experience in non-profit or comparable business organization; advanced degree from an accredited University preferred.
- Strong leadership and financial acumen; knowledge of grant making.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to passionately convey HFC’s mission and thrive in high pressure situations.
- Action-oriented, with a desire to prioritize and accomplish tasks. Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate and integrate the work of staff and consultants.
- Ability to manage with good humor, in partnership with the Board Chair.
Hilarity for Charity
Founded by Lauren and Seth Rogen in 2012, Hilarity for Charity’s mission is to raise awareness, inspire change, and accelerate progress in Alzheimer’s research, care and support. By engaging younger generations through comedy and open dialogue, Hilarity for Charity aims to significantly improve outcomes for all families contending with Alzheimer’s disease. Our national grant program seeks to ease the burden on caregivers in need of financial support to keep parents and spouses in a familiar home setting. We’re also passionate about educating people under the age of 40 about the profound impact lifestyle changes can have on brain health.