WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We seek an experienced professional, with exceptional writing, project management and strategic thinking skills, who is passionate about making lasting social change. The primary function of this position is to directly support the President on all major organizational projects and priorities, with a focus on business development, thought leadership and organizational operations and growth. In this capacity, you will serve as a trusted aide on written communication, new client proposals and strategy development, company presentations, agenda management, operations and special projects.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Executive Support and Liaison:
- Articulate the President’s vision and help to track progress against all organizational goals
- Prioritize workflow and schedule for the President, by planning out and directly supporting with task completion
- Meeting preparation and research; ensure that all internal meetings have a defined agenda and set of objectives and action items
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations
- Help coordinate executive team offsites, staff retreats and support periodic company events/activities
- Coordinate and create agendas for Executive Leadership Team (ELT) meetings and staff meetings; track action items and follow-up
Business Development and External Communication:
- In partnership with President, oversee process for new business development
- Attend all meetings with potential clients, track outcomes and draft new business proposals and correspondence
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences. This will usually involve designing a highly compelling presentation for company-wide meetings and speaking engagements
- Draft thought-leadership and marketing materials for executive team and organization
- Accompany the President to general meetings, capture all information and manage all follow-up actions and communications (including any additional research to inform next steps.)
Special Project Management:
- Serve as right hand to the President, project-managing special initiatives, conducting research and writing first drafts of documents
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time and all stakeholders know their role in the project
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress toward goals and intended outcomes for each project
Operational Excellence and Talent Recruitment:
- Collaborate with the President and Executive Team in the identification of talent needs and executing a recruitment strategy culminating in a dynamic and diverse team
MORE ABOUT US
A social impact agency based in Hollywood, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We hope to serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, tacticians and all-around utility players as they move their important work forward. Each member of the Propper Daley team brings a diverse set of relevant expertise that uniquely positions us to get things done. This includes proven experience in coalition-driven social change, leadership of high-stakes political campaigns, experience building a shared policy agenda in arenas with fractured opinion, convening powerful learning communities to drive coordinated action, and supporting the growth and evolution of individual change agents.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Bradley Charles Cooper Foundation
- The Paramount Network
MORE ABOUT YOU
- GREAT COMMUNICATOR: You have exceptional written communication skills and the ability to distill and convey information in a compelling and strategic manner.
- SEASONED PROJECT MANAGER: You have 3-5 years of experience managing complex projects and priorities at the same time. And, to the outside world, you make it look easy!
- CAMPAIGN ORIENTED: You work best in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture and remain calm and level-headed when required to change course and/or re-prioritize.
- PROCESS OBSESSED: You believe that process and structure helps you do your job more efficiently and effectively and you are passionate about developing and sharing new techniques to streamline our work.
- A FIXER: You love solving problems and view it as an actual talent that is developed, honed and displayed with ever-increasing proficiency and grace.
- BIG (YET PRAGMATIC) THINKER: You think outside-the-box and dream big, and you channel that creativity through a realistic, executable plan to get things done.
- MASTER PLANNER: “Every battle is won or lost before it is fought.” You thrive in the minutiae and, because of your careful planning and ability to see multiple steps ahead, you are always prepared.
- PASSIONATE AND KIND: You are passionate about changing lives and changing the world. And, you realize that the only way to accomplish this is through teamwork, kindness, empathy and taking care of yourself and your colleagues.
- TRUSTED ADVISOR: You are trustworthy and have the ability to maintain confidentiality; you are politically astute.
Position reports to: President
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- You will wake up everyday knowing that you are helping to address some of the most important, intractable challenges facing our communities and the world.
- You will have total visibility into the building of a fast-growing and innovating company.
- You will be part of a diverse team of brilliant, kind, creative thinkers and doers who love to learn, grow, and have fun while doing it.
- You will further develop your ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced environment.