Big Sunday connects people through helping. We provide a wide variety of opportunities and projects that bring people together to improve lives, build community and give people a sense of belonging.
The idea is that absolutely everyone has some way that they can help somebody else. In these divisive times we like to focus on what we all have in common.
Please check out our website at www.bigsunday.org.
PRIMARY PURPOSE/NATURE OF WORK
Big Sunday is seeking a Program Assistant to provide assistance in all kinds of ways both in the office and at Big Sunday events.
We are looking for someone energetic, lively, organized, fun and kind. This person should like to be part of a team, but is also adept at working on their own. We’re also looking for someone who enjoys people and wants to help us bring diverse people together in the name of helping one another.
This is an entry-level job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This person will often be the first person someone sees or speaks to at Big Sunday. He or she will answer phones and be the de facto receptionist.
- Communicates with volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors and anyone else who calls or comes through the door
- Helps out at Big Sunday volunteer events, before, during and after. This includes preparation, set-up, and event coordination.
- Taking a primary role in some of Big Sunday’s online programs
- Helps write and design flyers, letters, web content
- Helps maintain and organize the office
- Maintain the calendar for the Executive Director
- Helping arrange for drop-offs and pick-ups of donations and materials; some heavy lifting involved.
- Running errands
- BA/BS or Associate’s Degree, or at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write/edit well
- Graphic design abilities very helpful
- Familiarity with and/or enjoyment of social media helpful, too
- Enthusiasm and ability to envision and implement new projects
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Google applications
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A good sense of humor
- Strong organizational skills.
- A friendly demeanor.
- Enjoying meeting new people.
- Grace under fire.
- A good sense of humor.
- Being well-organized is helpful.
- Good computer skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Being reliable.
- Please note: There is heavy lifting.
- A good sense of humor.
Being a self-starter is very helpful.
We are a small organization, so everyone is called on to pitch in in all kinds of ways.
There is room to grow in this job.
You will be asked to work at least one weekend per month, occasionally two weekends. There is an occasional nighttime event as well.
- Benefits include fully paid health insurance
- Generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays - including two full weeks off in August and at the year-end holidays)
- A supportive environment that allows you to implement new ideas and to grow