LA-Más is looking to hire a full-time Design Associate to support our work in the following areas:
- Alternative forms of housing
- Storefront branding and remodels
- Public realm projects
We are looking to fill this position immediately, as soon as Jan 2018!
Who we are
LA-Más is an urban design non profit based in Los Angeles with a mission to help communities in lower-income and underserved communities shape their growth through policy and architecture. We are committed to using design to inform solutions that are engaging, provoking, contextual, playful and dynamic. Design is often a tool we use to explore the potential of policy, especially through pilot projects. All our projects — while being neighborhood-specific — inform our mission to explore systemic changes on a citywide scale.
- A playful approach (no periods of architecture are off-limits for inspiration, and minimalism can not be a default preference).
- An affinity for our work and an interest in the use of color.
- An interest in our mission and desire to work in communities in need (you do not have to have a background in nonprofit work).
- A degree in architecture and experience working in a design office.
- An ability to work collaboratively.
- Expert ability in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino, and AutoCAD (all other programs a plus).
- Involvement in all phases of design & documentation, including architectural design, interior design, graphic design, and construction documentation.
- Management of projects, including timeline, client relations, budget, and partnerships with the engagement/policy team.
- Directing the implementation and execution of design projects, including material sourcing, subcontracting, and construction administration.
- Preparing, developing, and editing drawings and models.
- Working in direct collaboration with the design director.
- We prioritize work/life balance and have a flexible work schedule.
- We are located in Frogtown on the LA River, where we have a tool/fabrication shop where you can work on projects in your off hours.
- You will become acquainted with City Hall, other non-profit groups throughout the city, and have the opportunity to attend many political events.
- A fun atmosphere, with people who like working together and being part of the LA-Más family.
LA-Más offers a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 50% medical coverage, professional development, and personal time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, and personal days). Salary will be commensurate with experience.