POSITION: Director of Admissions
REPORTS TO: Assistant Head of School
The Director of Admissions will lead all aspects of the school’s admissions activities, including managing and evaluating processes to assess applicants and enroll qualified students appropriate to its mission. In doing so, the Director of Admissions will work closely with the school’s Director of Advancement to design and implement marketing and recruitment strategies to support Sequoyah’s ongoing expansion K-12.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Admissions will:
- Attract and recruit families whose children will benefit from the school’s unique culture and program.
- Formulate forward-thinking, strategic admission and enrollment policies and practices.
- Coordinate the following activities to ensure a successful admissions process:
- Admissions management – tracking prospective students from application to enrollment
- Research – analyzing data and identifying trends that affect enrollment outcomes; providing meaningful reporting to inform the decision process
- Marketing – collaborating with the Director of Advancement to develop and implement a strategic recruitment and communications plan for reaching targeted audiences
- Supervise admissions office staff and systems.
- Work closely with Sequoyah’s business office to coordinate enrollment and indexed tuition planning and implementation.
- Foster high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for colleagues, alumni, parents, and students throughout the admissions process.
- Be sensitive to economic, cultural, and other issues present in the enrollment of a diverse student body.
- Communicate clearly and enthusiastically to all staff and prospective students and their families.
DESIRED EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE
- Proven success as an administrator responsible for school admissions
- A Master’s degree in a related field
- Flexibility and creativity in a fast-moving office environment
- Experience using data as a tool for decision-making
- Exceptional public speaking and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- • Ability to think strategically
- • Understanding of the value of diversity within a school
- • Cultural competency
The Director of Admissions will take on other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Head of School, and must be
willing to work evenings and occasional weekends to fulfill responsibilities.
Sequoyah School has a rich history of diversity and seeks candidates to enhance that tradition. Sequoyah offers
competitive salary and benefits.