CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family, and community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission’s success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are 700 people strong and growing!
You could play a key role supporting the Communications Department!
General Summary: Under general supervision, the Interactive Designer / Developer has a blend of web design expertise with strong graphic design creativity and front-end web development utilizing dynamic web programming experience. Responsibilities include the creation of print and digital design and production projects across platforms. The designer thinks creatively and strategically within project scope and budget while maintaining CCRC’s brand. Designer is proficient with a variety of applications in order to create innovative work, stays on point with technical trends, works independently in a fast-paced environment, and collaborates well within and across teams.
As the Interactive Designer/ Developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist with maintenance of CCRC’s website and intranet including day to day management, problem solving, updates and customization. 30%
- Create strategic and user-focused print design solutions using Adobe Creative Suite that reflect CCRC’s brand and inspire interest. Develop multiple stylistic approaches to a problem, accepts critique and iterates on designs. 20%
- Develop and maintain a digital graphic file repository. 10%
- Maintain agency and industry standards across all platforms. 10%
Requirements to be successful in this job:
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Printing Technologies, Communications, or related field with two year hands-on experience; or four years of hands-on experience in design, website development and project coordination.
- Artistic sensibility and knowledge of complex design elements including typography, color theory and balanced composition, proper file formats, and compression methods.
- Appropriate business experience in graphic design, project management and analysis. Adapt to situations where limited knowledge exists and takes appropriate steps to acquire new skills.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public in a fun, supportive and highly productive team environment.
- Complete projects on time and within budget in a high stress, fast paced environment with competing and changing priorities.
- Advanced technical skill using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). Video production and photography skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of Joomla, Google Analytics, SEO, Flash/HTML 5 Animation, eCommerce, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, visual and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Spanish bilingual verbal/written/translation skills.
- Job requires valid California Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance and a clean driving record.
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefit offerings- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by CCRC
- Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
- Generous Time Off policy- Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and Paid Winter Break
- Opportunities for learning and professional development, including tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We provide child development and early education, workforce development opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head Start preschool and Early Head Start services, and more for close to 50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square miles.
CCRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.