We are growing our team! Community Corporation of Santa Monica (CCSM) is a Santa Monica based, non-profit organization committed to developing and managing affordable housing. Community Corporation of Santa Monica (CCSM) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Resident Services Coordinator (RSC). The RSC responsible for reviewing, analyzing, assessing, coordinating and implementing resident services programs within Community Corporation of Santa Monica affordable housing communities. The RSC shall work with residents to determine their needs and assist such residents by coordinating programs for residents to access on and off-site services and resources.
The RSC will develop, create, and coordinate outreach, information, referrals, and community building and education opportunities between CCSM residents, local service providers and property management staff. The RSC shall work directly with residents, Resident Managers, the Director of Resident Services and community service providers in order to support, encourage and foster, resident self-advocacy and empowerment in meeting their social, psychological, physical, economic and other self-sufficiency needs.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with residents to assist them in accessing services related to various needs which may include financial, mental health, medical, substance abuse and all independent living needs.
- Educate residents and assist them in accessing entitlement programs and other federal, state and community resources.
- Meet with residents to address their current needs and then refer them to appropriate service providers, community resources, programs and services.
- Welcome new residents and explain the Resident Service program.
- Conduct resident surveys; analyze and use results to make recommendations to management as to changes or improvements in the programs.
- Develop and manage relationships with local service providers to assist in linking and referring residents with local agencies and organizations with the objective of addressing identified needs and other appropriate resources; collect resource materials from local agencies.
- Advocate for residents and act as a liaison between residents and management as well as with the community.
- Address and handle resident crises and issues.
- Develop, and implement appropriate programming
- Create outreach materials for upcoming events
Summary of Skills and Education:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in social work, education, sociology, psychology or related fields. A Master’s Degree in Social Work is preferred.
- One year of direct experience coordinating service for a large family affordable housing residential project or working for a service provider in a professional capacity.
- Pro-active individual with the ability to work independently as well as a cooperatively and an effective team member.
- Creative, responsive and flexible.
- Must be reliable, honest and motivated, and able to motivate others.
- Positive, open, caring, non-judgmental and non-patronizing demeanor.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to handle and address resident issues and resolve resident needs.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with residents and service providers.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate residents’ needs.
- Regular access to a vehicle to travel to assigned properties
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
Benefits & Compensation:
- We offer compensation based on experience
- We are a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off
- Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance
- Paid holidays, sick and 4 weeks of vacation
CCSM is an Equal Opportunity Employer