We’re excited to bring on our next Ensonian in a critical role that will not only be a game changer for us, but will be a career-shaping opportunity for you. You will work directly with Enso’s two co-founders, Kirk Souder and Sebastian Buck, as their right hand support. As their lieutenant, your mission will be toserve as the gatekeeper to protect their time so that they can focus and prioritize--and quickly pivot when needed. You will tackle a range of responsibilities including but not limited to playing air traffic controller with their inboxes, actively building strong systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness, drafting important memos, organizing travel arrangements, and participating (and eventually leading) in special projects as they pop up.
You’ll bring fun, high energy and will always be multiple steps ahead, anticipating unexpected turns and hiccups before they arise. You will have inside exposure to many of the ins-and-outs of the inner workings of the company. As such, you will be the grease that keeps the wheels turning, ensuring there are no loose ends, no pieces falling through the cracks, and no improvements left unmade as we grow and change with natural progression.
What You’ll Do
- Scheduling meetings, conferences, and appointments, often coordinating with multiple external partners.
- Playing air traffic controller by maintaining a schedule that is sustainable in pace and scope, taking into account unforeseen obligations and variables.
- Assisting with preparing the materials for meetings and events (e.g. agendas, presentations, decks, etc).
- Managing the co-founders’ day-to-day calendar and looking for ways to increase their efficiency through calendar scheduling.
- Assisting with accurate completion of their time entry.
- Planning, managing, and executing tasks on behalf of the co-founders including contact and database upkeep (with our upcoming CRM launch!), and other key operational tasks.
- Conserving the co-founders’ time by reading, researching, and synthesizing reports, documents, and inbound communication.
- Enabling the team to meet critical deadlines and complete projects with excellent quality.
- Contributing to the idea generation that drives the strategic vision and mission of Enso.
- Ensuring efficient office operations, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness by building new or improving existing internal systems.
- Contributing to a positive team culture by creatively celebrating anniversaries, birthdays, exciting events, etc.
- Owning your projects and spearheading special projects as they arise.
- Interfacing with staff and stakeholders on behalf of the Enso team both in the office and by drafting internal and external correspondence.
- Supporting the co-founders in managing and prioritizing critical correspondence.
- Overseeing logistics for meetings led by and including the co-founders (including retreats, team meetings, board meetings and/or special meetings and projects that support organizational goals).
Who You Are: A...
- Driven Professional - You have 1-4 years of experience; maybe supporting a person or two in leadership roles, maybe joining an early stage startup where you needed to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, or maybe serving in the Peace Corps where you needed to prove your grit and dedication.
- Hungry Learner - You’re eager to dive into this role to learn from others and new experiences. You’re a poised “Jack-or-Jill of All Trades" and you see each task as an opportunity to grow; thus, you’re naturally trusted with a lot of responsibilities.
- Relentless Problem Solver - You’re known for being industrious and can MacGyver your way through any challenge that arises. You’re curious and inquisitive. You seek efficiency and love exploring new tools to increase effectiveness.
- Logistics Genius – You live in the details and are always multiple steps ahead. You’re never underprepared. You can anticipate hiccups and ensure that you are well equipped to jump into action.
- Prioritization Expert - You amaze your colleagues by using your sound judgment to balance many different responsibilities and timelines at any given time.
- Humble Supporter - You know that no task is beneath or above you, and everything you do propels our mission forward. You don’t work to indulge your ego; you seek to support with small projects or large strategic goals.
- Direct Communicator - You communicate exceptionally. You’re direct and can give and receive constant feedback. You’re also easily trusted to own communications with external and internal colleagues.
- Mission-aligned Team Player - You’re 100% passionate. You’re known for building strong relationships and earning respect and trust among your teammates. You bring humility and integrity, and jokes to the table every day.
Here’s What You Can Expect...
Your impact in this role
- You will contribute to building world changing shared missions with some of today's top people-powered brands dedicated to impact such as Google, Phyn, Nature Conservancy, Omidyar Network, etc.
- You will have exposure to and will be a part of building positive change to address a diverse set of the world’s most pressing issues.
- You will join a team dedicated to discovering and creating an agency that serves people-centered businesses.
The growth and development you will experience
- You will join an incredibly talented team from a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from top ad agencies to political campaigns and advocacy groups to startups and nonprofits, all whom are dedicated to continued learning.
- You will further develop your ability to thrive in ambiguity and in a fast-paced nimble environment, turning chaos into clarity and clear action.
- You will strengthen your ability to create processes and systems to increase efficiencies and enable our leaders to be able to focus on what is most important for our mission.
- You will hone your ability to prioritize and keep many moving pieces organized, managing timelines and outcomes according to relevant deadlines.
- You will sharpen communication skills, becoming a more effective oral and written communicator.
The tangible and intangible perks of this role
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, free lunches, a professional development fund, and coaching and mindfulness training opportunities.
- You will work with a great amount of autonomy on a team of energetic people who focus on personal growth and throw annual creative team retreats.
- You will work in Santa Monica and can exercise your active lifestyle by taking advantage of our offered bike stipend and the accessibility to incredible surfing one mile from our office, and the nearby running and mountain biking trails in the Santa Monica mountains.
Feel Right For You? Throw your hat in the ring!
Please complete the following application and share more about yourself with us. The short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them. Priority will be given to those applications received by Wednesday, November 8th, but, the sooner the better so we encourage you to submit soon!
What Happens Next?
We promise that every application will be met with human eyes. We care about your candidate experience and will do our best to communicate with you as soon as we can. Strong candidates will be invited to have a short initial phone conversation with a member of our talent team.
If you are chosen to join our team, you will be invited to enjoy:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Matching up to 4% of a 401K (free money!)
- Great medical insurance and disability insurance
- A stipend of $100 if you choose to bike to work
- Lunch daily and office snacks
- An open vacation policy
- Work from Anywhere Wednesday - the option to work remotely each Wednesday
- A stellar office location in Santa Monica, California