The Recruiting Administrator provides administrative support to the Recruitment Department including correspondence with prospective and admitted students and parents and support for annual events, field trips, Open House, as well as contributing to the execution of innovative approaches to outreach for the college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain monthly calendars of events, college fairs, presentations, out of state events, etc. for a staff of 8-9 employees.
- Keep track of parking permits, confirmations, contacts, and national and international travel details for high volume event seasons with 200+ events in the Fall Quarter and 80+ in the Spring Quarter.
- Prepare marketing materials, sign-in sheets, refreshments, and provide administrative support for events.
- Send detailed weekly itineraries of events and event reminders to staff for on campus for field trips and open houses.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reports of detailed lists of contacts, event totals, and prospective students generated per event.
- Maintain inventory of marketing materials through communication with Facilities and the Director of Recruitment.
- Communicate with all staff in the high volume event seasons to maintain material supply.
- Work an occasional Saturday for Open House.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – designs workflows and procedures
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Project Management – coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget
- Technical skills - pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings
- Written communication – varies writing style to meet needs, present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork - exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Business acumen - understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness – works within approved budget
- Diversity - demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Organizational support - follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; benefits organization through outside activities
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Motivation – demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Safety and security - reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time except for protected absences; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Associates’ Degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school and 6 months to a year in a customer service position or a combination of the above.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software;
- Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Extensive knowledge of
- CampusVue/CampusNexus database management required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.