The Recruiter will be responsible for expanding the presence of Columbia College Hollywood and generate qualified leads via college fairs, high school presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects quality, workable inquiries at off-campus recruiting activities.
- Manages high school territory by developing and building rapport with a variety of departments. Schedules and conducts presentations in appropriate classes.
- Delivers multimedia presentations at recruiting fairs and high schools.
- Participates in appropriate recruitment and enrollment events, which include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Office days to be conducted on campus, including summer non-production time.
- Conducts campus tours and on-campus high school field trips.
- Manages recruitment efforts at college fairs and NACAC events.
- Assists with Open House planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – designs workflows and procedures.
- Design - uses feedback to modify designs; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical skills - pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things.
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication – varies writing style to meet needs, present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership -- exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business acumen - understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – works within approved budget
- Diversity - demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support - follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; benefits organization through outside activities.
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security - reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time except for protected absences; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and at least 1 year related experience (admissions, retail sales, entertainment, and/or technical recruitment) or a combination of the above.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software;
- Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Extensive knowledge of CampusVue/CampusNexus database management required
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, current entertainment industry and Columbia
- College Hollywood information and all presentation materials when delivering multimedia presentations.
- Employs good qualifying techniques to help meet enrollment goals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.