Youth Policy Intitute is seeking a Senior Case Manager to oversee case management at our Hollywood FamilySource Center (FSC). The Senior Case Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the case management program including researching resources and partnerships to meet the needs of our clients; the development/streamlining of the case management referral pipeline; management of a team of 3-5 Case Managers; and quality assurance to maintain high quality, impactful case management services to meet the needs of all FSC clients, families, and clients. The Senior Case Manager will also be responsible for tracking progress toward meeting all FSC program goals and outcomes. A key function of the Senior Case Manager is provide crisis intervention for youth and adults. The Senior Case Manager will ensure that crisis are addressed appropriately and that confidentiality is upheld at all times. The Senior Case Manager will provide any role of function of his/her staff when required and will interact with both youth and adults.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the case management component at FSC.
- Supervise a team of 3-5 full-time case managers and intake/enrollment coordinators.
- Oversee and routinely audit the accuracy of client file, conduct file review on a weekly basis and provide feedback to case managers and program staff.
- Oversee the comprehensive case management services to all clients including: intake and needs assessment, benefits assessment, goal setting, progress monitoring, advocacy, referrals and discharge planning.
- Monitor individual and program outcomes toward meeting FSC goals and outcomes.
- Maintain accurate participant activity, service, and database records.
- Develop and monitor case management logs and databases to appropriately track outcomes and goals.
- Collect weekly client tracking log for client follow-up, implementation and discharge planning.
- Motivate, encourage, support team to meet collective and individual performance goals.
- Participate in, monthly trainings, community meetings and other department programs as requested.
- Identify and secure external/internal professional development opportunities (substance abuse, mental health, suicidal ideation, housing, and food insecurity, legal) to build the capacity and expertise of the case management team.
- Maintain both internal and external partnerships to help strengthen case management referrals and resources brought to the center.
- Assist in development and coordination of special assignments/events and programs.
- Handle crisis and/or emergency situations as needed.
- Maintain a professional attitude, confidentiality, and respect for cultural differences.
- Provides case consultations as appropriate and develop/implement special projects such as the development of information materials, treatment/service theory, and participate in assigned professional and community activities.
- Maintain a light load of intensive case management clients, consisting of youth and adult clients, and provide coverage in the absence of the assigned Case Manager.
- Support Case Managers in the development of mediation and conflict resolution strategies.
- Perform various coordinating and training duties, including preparing and monitoring staff assignments, training employees on job duties and providing feedback to support professional development and growth.
- May be required to travel between work sites to attend trainings, meetings, etc.
- Meet and report regularly with Director to discuss challenges, support needed, and strategies for better client services and case management tool.
- Serve as a key member of the FSC management team to oversee daily operations and program implementation.
- Be knowledgeable of all center grants.
- Handle all other duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed for YPI business.
- Available to work some, not all weekends and evenings.
- Ability to implement family based, trauma informed strength based model of practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s degree in Social Work required; plus 3-5 years’ experience providing case management services.
- 2-3 years in supervisory/management role.
- 2 years working in a non-profit organization strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a FamilySource Center preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of the theories, techniques and methods of social services program delivery and case management procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage with the center clientele.
- Strong organization and planning skill.
- Experience in the application of crisis intervention techniques.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds and at-risk populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with data systems to monitor client and/or program progress.
- Leadership experience working with community social service and health organizations strongly preferred.
- Ability to conduct detailed analytical evaluations, studies and prepare related reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of local community resources and partners preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Livescan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment with children.
- Must present proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Must have access to reliable transportation for frequent travel between sites. If applicable, will be required to present current California driver license, proof of acceptable driving record (DMV H-6 printout), and liability auto insurance.
Hollywood FamilySource Center - Los Angeles, CA
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED