Employment Type: Internship
Duration: Through June 2018 (opportunities for extension)
Start Date: November 1st
Location: Los Angeles, remote work
InHerShoes is a registered non-profit where the foundation of everything we do begins and ends with one question: What would you do if you were 1% more courageous? Our mission is simple: catalyze courage for young girls to make a difference in their communities, now. We work with first generation girls from modest means and create programs that allow them to stand in their accomplishments, ideate the change they want to make in their communities, and give them resources and scholarship to bring their idea to life. We’re committed to unlocking the genius of a generation to re-defy traditional standards of what it looks like to be a successful woman today.
What We're Looking For:
We're looking for a high-energy, mission-friendly, goal-oriented, charismatic Junior Partnerships & Admin Assistant Partnerships to support our rapidly growing team, specifically to work alongside our CEO and CKO. You believe in InHerShoes’s Mission and are a representation of being 1% more courageous. We are a small team and therefore culture and fit is very important to us.
- Arrange Executives’ calendar and schedule meetings as directed
- Maintain important documents and reports, as directed
- Represent InHerShoes in a professional manner while interfacing with internal and external colleagues
- Answer and/or route questions about partnership-related issues
- Readily adapt to continually changing priorities and project timeframes
- Send weekly acknowledgment receipts and thank you letters
- Collaborate with the InHerShoes team on partnership ideas, development of pitch decks and partnership activations
- Track communications and handle follow ups with potential partnerships
- Have the platform to propose an idea and make it a reality
- Have at least 1 year experience in an administrative role
- Organizational skills, are detail oriented, timely and a great multi-tasker, anticipating needs
- No problem being accountable; having resourceful, innovative, and forward-thinking ideas
- Persistence and maintain a calm demeanor under pressure
- Willingness to push the limits of your abilities, eager to contribute and evolve responsibilities as the company grows
- Discretion and good judgement when handling confidential and sensitive information
- An entrepreneurial mindset and isn’t afraid to propose and contribute ideas for partnerships.
- Passion about what's happening in the world of entertainment and excited to find creative ways to activate around what is current and relevant
- The ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while managing multiple projects
- The desire to give credit to others where credit is due & take responsibility for misses when they rest with you
- Excellent computer skills and strong proficiency with Google Alerts, Google Drive, Asana, and Slack
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with limited supervision and adjust easily to changing priorities
- Strong sense of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and professionalism
What will you get?
- Academic college credit available upon request*
- Opportunities to take part in organization-wide decisions and have your ideas implemented
- Paid roundtrip ticket to Austin, TX 2018 Summit in March
- Access to leading entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and creatives
- Be part of a team committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization and world
Things to Keep in Mind:
- We highly value all aspects of diversity. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- We welcome nontraditional candidates. Especially those with a background in social impact and leadership.