The RALLY Fellows Program is a competitive, full-time, 12-16 week program during which fellows are exposed to a wide-range of consulting work in the fields of strategic communications, campaigns, public affairs, public policy, and media strategy. Fellows have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the creative process and final work product in our fast-paced and team-oriented setting. Fellows are matched with an experienced mentor with whom they work one-on-one to set goals for and get the most out of the fellowship. As full-time members of the RALLY team, fellows have the opportunity to dive deeper into a specific set of RALLY clients’ campaigns. This fellowship provides a bi-weekly stipend.
We seek motivated self-starters with experience or demonstrated interest in strategic communications, public policy, or advocacy. Recent college graduates or graduate students preferred. The fellowship program is not open to current undergraduate students, except for those who will graduate before the fellowship begins. Candidates must have excellent writing, research, and analytical skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and the ability to balance multiple projects at once. Candidates must also have a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with creating and managing organizational social media accounts on platforms such as Facebook and Twitter is preferred. Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite software is a plus.
- Assist senior staff in the full spectrum of strategic campaign planning
- Research and write memos on topics ranging from education and healthcare policy to opportunities for new business and new campaign tools
- Draft press releases, media advisories, op-eds, blog posts, and social media content
- Plan and assist with the execution of media events
- Participate in client calls and team meetings
- Track the latest news on a given topic and compile media clips
- Perform administrative tasks when necessary