KYCC is committed to meeting the needs of the multicultural Koreatown community. KYCC’s Community Economic Development Unit focuses on assisting individuals and families manage their finances, access benefits, build savings and reach personal financial goals. Our program shares a philosophy of respect for other cultures, a sense of community involvement and an appreciation for nature. We believe in striving towards excellence as well as cultivating a lifelong love of learning.
We have been serving our diverse community for almost 40 years, and if you're passionate about creating change within our community, one family at a time, we'd like to meet you.
Outreach & Education Business Counselor (Temporary, Non-exempt)
Unit: Community Economic Development
Reports To: CED Services Coordinator
Positions Available: 1
Posting Date: 9/14/17
Summary: Under the direction of the Community Economic Development Services Coordinator, the Outreach & Business Counselor is responsible for the implementation of programs and services, including development, staff supervision and contract administration of various economic development programs. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a temporary, non-exempt position.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Education and Outreach:
- Managing KYCC’s Free Tax Prep Los Angeles outreach and education collaborative.
- Coordinating partner activities. o Outreaching and recruiting new partners to the collaborative.
- Providing training and supervision to partners in the collaborative.
- Documenting and reporting project outcomes to meet all contractual and program goals.
- Overseeing the outreach and promotion of Free Tax Prep LA on social media and in the community.
- Collaborating with KYCC communications department, media consultant, and other leadership within the collaborative.
- Managing the collection of collaborative member reports and billing.
- Handling the timely payments to collaborative members.
- Maintaining records of payments from funder.
- Microenterprise/Small Business Counseling:
- Participating in developing small business technical counseling program for street vendors, self-employed (i.e. “side gig” economy, etc.).
- Providing one-on-one business counseling, including and not limited to: technical assistance, business permits and other code enforcement, business planning and other individual business support.
- Providing on budgeting, building credit, and other financial coaching topics.
- Developing and administering information and business development workshops, Entrepreneur Training Programs.
- Recruiting participants in the business development workshops.
- Attend relevant meetings, trainings, events and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Community Economic Development Services Coordinator.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or other-related field from an accredited College or University OR an AA degree in Business or Administration with two years of experience in Business or Administration.
- Experience with self-employed, micro-enterprise and/or small business technical assistance.
- Bilingual capacity (Spanish/English) (Required).
- Ability to organize and prepare documentation in a timely manner
- Possess initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the use and operation of personal computers.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to working with a multicultural community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in the team process.
- Provide negative results from a TB test.
- A valid Class C California Driver License, access to personal automobile, and proof of auto insurance.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skill in business, including human relations, public speaking, outreach and marketing, and organizational skills.